Donations are being accepted to help defray the costs of the recently restored the New Berlin Community Center. This historic building was the former Presbyterian church (built 1844) before being deeded to the borough in 1951. The New Berlin Lions Club converted the church into a community center in the early 1960's. Since then the building was used as a borough office, police office, polling place and community gathering hall. The building was closed in January 2000 due to safety concerns. The project has received a $40,000 grant from the Pennsylvania Museum and Historical Commission, a $30,000 Degenstein Foundation Grant, a $44,535.00 Community Development Block Grant and $85,000 in Community Revitalization Grants. In addition, the borough has obtained a $230,000.00 bank loan to cover the project.
Donations may be sent to:
New Berlin Activities Committee
PO Box 355
New Berlin, Pa. 17855